Wednesday, August 12, 2009

....ugh.....

I consider myself a pretty positive person. Don't get me wrong, some days are better then others, and honestly nothing gets under my skin more then... well, splinters, but i try to look at the positive side of things... until this morning.

I lost my drivers license a few months ago (and by a few months, I mean in April) when I went out dancing with some friends. Its still a Pennsylvania license since I still have the house. I hadn't really thought much about it, I have an old one that is, of course, expired, but still looks me, has my license number on it and can be verified.

Being so super organized and efficient (add sarcasm) I haven't really thought about replacing it, that is, until I realized I need a valid ID to get on the plane next month for settlement on the house. So I go to the Penndot site, print out the paperwork, fill it out and see that it needs notarized. Now working in hospital has many perks from never having to make a doctors appointment other then saying "meet me in the nurses station I need some antibiotics" to having an in-house notary.

So this morning, I called the in-house notary person, Bertha. I explain what I need notarized and make an appointment to see her. I proudly strolled down stairs, thinking "this was so easy, I'll get it notarized and overnighted on my lunch hopefully in time to get a valid camera card before my trip." how does that saying go? pride comes before a fall...

When I get there the lovely Bertha tells me she needs to see my VALID drivers license before she can notarize anything. Stunned, I explain, this is an application to REPLACE my valid drivers license because I lost it. I show her my social security card, my old license, my work ID, an old school ID... "I AM ME" I tell her rather exasperated. But to no avail; no notarizing paperwork to get a valid drivers license without a valid drivers license.

You may be thinking- just get a Cali Drivers License- yeah, need my valid PA license to do that too. So, my solution.... ummmmm i'm going to try to get a cali ID card so at least they'll let me get on the plane. (NOTE: I didn't realize this until I walked back to my office... I may be able to get on the plane with a cali ID card, but how am I going to rent a freakin car with out a license?????)

Maybe next time, and trust me I hope there is no next time, I'll not wait so long to replace whats lost.

(Ok- Bertha is actually a very nice lady. I told her the whooooolllllee story of how I need to get the camera card so that when I'm in PA for settlement on my house, I can get my picture taken for the new license and then promptly fly back to Cali and change my residence and get a Cali drivers license, but that the first step was her notarizing. After her head stopped spinning, she agreed to notarize tomorrow with all of the above Id's AND my birth certificate).




...ugh.....

0 Comments: