Tuesday, April 14, 2009

oops-

So I've never lived in a house with a pool, let alone had to be responsible for the pool. Our first weekend here the landlord stopped by and told us the only thing we had to do for the pool was top it off every once in while when the weather is hot... something about evaporation and the filter.... the pool man would take care of the rest. Well, I was relaxing on the patio Sunday afternoon when I saw that the water level was a little below where they like it. So I throw in the hose, turn on the water, pat myself on the back for being a good renter and go back to relaxing.

Later that evening... err ummm, that night, I was on the phone with Jamie talking about rainy PA weather when I started to say that when it rains here all the left over fall leaves end up in the pool when it hit me.... I never turned the water off from 4hours before!!!! I ran outside to find the water completely level with the edge of the pool. Any longer and water would have been flooding out.

Truthfully it was really cool looking and thankfully, we don't pay for water!

0 Comments: