Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Employment-

It's official- I have a job!!!! I called Jan, the director of critical care at San Antonio on Tuesday morning (before she would answer, so I could state my case for coming back with out being immediately shot down). They aren't using travelers right now, but I was hoping that if I called and talked to them myself they would make an exception.

Jan called me back this afternoon, right as I was getting ready to leave for work. I saw the number on the phone and almost didn't answer, fearing rejection. Reluctantly I answered, bracing myself for the worst.

Jan explained that staffing was much better then it had been, they had just hired a ton of new people and had done away with travelers. She also said that they really wanted me to come back and that she had been talking about me over the weekend, commenting about what a coincidence it was that I called (I think not). But because they weren't really looking for anyone, she had to get it approved by the higher ups- that's why it took a few days for her to call back.

She must have reasoned well, because they decided to make an exception to their "no traveler" rule! What a relief! I have a job!!!!!

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

PRAISE GOD! I'm so happy for you Beth! Sad you're leaving though..but glad and thankful for you to experience God's faithfulness and blessing!

Julie Garner said...

This is an enormous praise, Bethany! Although I will say that it is bitter-sweet. I don't want you to leave. What are the plans for that? And is it NEXT weekend we were going to try to get together? Let's do it! Let's do it!!!

Love you!
Julie

P.S. Post some pictures of your house!

kingfamily said...

Hey Bethany, I haven't talked to you or seen in awhile. So happy about the job and bathroom progress!Praying for ya.
Brandi