Thursday, December 27, 2007

6 Glorious Days

6 days- That's how long I have until I go back to work (5 if you don't count today which is already over on the east coast). Yeah yeah- I know I only work three (very long) nights a week so I can't complain about my busy work schedule (and yet I still find a way to:-)


So how am I spending my 6 days off? Hopefully catching up on some much needed reading, cleaning, phone calls and fun!

Today after I left work I went home and after an hour of fighting sleep on the couch while watching the Today's show (has anyone else noticed that Anne Curry's voice is soothing enough to put you right to sleep?) I headed to see my friend David (formerly of Uptopian Love Story) for a cut and colour. As if I weren't tired enough- sitting in a chair for 2.5 hours with someone playing with my hair made me feel like jello. I swear that man gives the best scalp/neck massages. Now I don't mean to toot my own horn- but toot toot; my sister and I have given him soooo many referrals that things are starting to cost less, i.e. he gets me product from the supply store at cost and charges me 50% so I don't have to pay the salon price for them. Now I am fully aware that some of the deep discount could be a little guilt he's carrying for standing me up this summer, but there ain't no shame in my game "Can I have that Biolage in the liter please- thanks!" you may notice from the pictures that my hair is getting darker and darker- that is intentional.... okay actually, I don't even really decide, david does, but so far I've been quite happy with results (funny story- when I asked a guy at work what he thought he jokingly said "ummmm...... yeah no. I'm a mexican and you were a blonde... there is nothing more I can say about it").


Tonight my sister April (her and I to the left- I know, no resemblance), some of the girls from work and I went out to a cool little jazz and fondue lounger called Hip Kitty. The place is becoming a local hot spot and features live Jazz every night (it's only open Wed to Sun). We had dreamy chocolate desert fondue. The first pot was milk chocolate with peanut butter added, the second was dark chocolate with raspberry added. It was delicious and the atmosphere was great (this wasn't my first time there and I'm sure won't be my last). We called it a night at about 10:30 which is early for us. My limited sleep during the day was/is catching up with me.














I am still continuing to run and am quite pleased with my progress.... okay I'll be honest, last time I finished I thought I was going to pass out or throw up (luckily I did neither), but my knee is holding up well. Thankfully for all involved I have no pictures of me running to post... I'm planning on keeping it that way! I have a ritual of tieing a sweatshirt around my waste when I run. I would love to say that this adds to my speed and agility, and in a way I guess it does. It gives me peace of mind that no one behind me has to see the "back 40" shimmy and shake the way only the synthetic jelly like substance in stress balls is supposed to! Truth be told, it was either a sweatshirt over top or a girdle underneath..... I think the choice was obvious!

With that I should go! I'm beat! To all I haven't talked to- I love and miss you!!!


3 Comments:

LauraJoy said...

I'm still loving the dark hair. It's so funny tho, b/c when I picture you I forget your hair is dark. Then when I actually see your pic it's like "whoa...yeah...her hair is dark!"
Anyway, the jazz place sounds totally cool. Maybe we can hit it up next time I'm out (whenever that may be!) :)
I miss you so much. Hopefully we can talk this weekend. Sounds like things are pretty nuts for both of us right now. But since you have these next days off, I'm sure we'll touch base. I have MUCH to tell you!!
I love you,
me

Anonymous said...

you're hilarious. you just make me laugh. i love the way you write about your life! love ya.

Julie Garner said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Friend! It was fun to see you via the blog tonight.

I love your posts. So funny! Now if I could only get you to post more often.

I miss you! Lori gave me a great big hug from you the other weekend...right back at ya, Girl!

Love you!
Julie