Saturday, March 7, 2009

March Madness::.

HOME SWEET HOME

Last month I was approached by a lady at church. She and her husband own and manage a retirement community at the end of the street. The church is on one corner of the block the Upland Manor at the other about a 6th of a mile away. The Upland Manor owns a few houses along the span between the two. (I'm sure you can see where this is going).

She asked if I would be interested in renting one of the houses. We chatted for a few minutes about it, I told her I had dogs she told me what the rent would be but that it included w/s/t, lawn and pool service (yeah it has a pool).

Later that week my mom and I walked down to the vacant house to look around the outside. I loved what I saw! The house looks small and quaint from the front but is really a nice sized 3 bedroom 2 bath house on a large sized lot (by cali standards). There is a stone patio off the dining room and master bedroom that includes a built in brick fireplace, grill and wash sink, A large detached garage, An in ground pool with hot tub and huge pool house (which can double as a guest house that comes complete with fireplace and built in bar) followed by a nice back yard with plum and orange trees.

To make a long story short, over the course of a few weeks, the rent dropped dramatically, the board approved the dogs and dropped the pet deposit and lowered the over all security deposit. We were originally told the pool house was going to be off limits, but during our last conversation were told the pool is ours with free reign to do whatever we want to cosmetically. Great roommates appeared almost out of nowhere and though we haven't officially signed the lease (we just turned in the deposit this week) we were given permission to move in early free of charge.

I am soooo blessed!!!


I guess the short version would have been to just say: I'm moving out of my parents house!


Here are some photos of the outside of the house (patio was still being cleaned up from the last tenant when I walked down to take them)

6 Comments:

Jamie M. Sensenig said...

Hey, they fixed the patio roof thingy. Watch out for the little blue door under the grill, it was busted when I looked at it. Congrats on the move.

Dani said...

awesome!

LauraJoy said...

BETHANY!!!!! This place is a total blessing. Seriously, I am coming to see you sometime this spring or summer. I'm going to have to wait and see what the job situation is after I'm done wiht the school portrait thing but I want to come see you and your new place. And Yid-ford and Bear-ly. I miss you friend. Call me!!!
~me

Anonymous said...

Sweet house!!! I'm kinda jealous of the pool!

Steph B. said...

SO COOL!!! Can I come out with Laura :)

Unknown said...

wow! Way cool! Love it!