Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sleep is all I can think about right now. My patients are all tucked in and hopefully sleeping soundly, all my charts are checked, all meds given, all my charting done. The only thing left to do is to try to stay awake. It is frigid in here tonight and some hot chocolate sounds delicious. I'm afraid if I drink something warm I'll end up slumped over the desk in a puddle of drool. I'm not working with people I usually work with tonight so the boredom factor is multiplied by 1000. So, what better time to update my blog. I have noticed that my posts are timed pacific standard time which is 3 hours behind and I'm not sure how to change it.... I'm also not sure that I care enough to try to figure it out either:-) (Side note: I tried to download a blog template from blogskins.com and after an hour+ stopped just short of throwing the computer out the window. does anyone know how to do it?)

I started training again on July 4th. My trainer Nick is fabulous, although it took some doing to actually get an appointment with him. Our first appointment was to be July 4th at 9am. I thought it was a little odd to have an appointment on the 4th of July but showed up anyway. Unfortunately Nick didn't. I had heard that the training at LA Fitness had been going down hill form people I work with. Apparently "no shows" are common place with some of them. So, the General Manager Jay offered to work out with me (Jay is the guy who gave me the free hour ab workout, and, according to him, "invented the crunch." I have to admit, that I am not his biggest fan). Not wanting to lose a session, we worked out. Afterwards, he was going to book me again. Having decided that Nick was a flake I asked for a different trainer and was given an appointment with Tyrone for Friday. Thursday, I got a call from Nick apologizing for the scheduling mistake. He was apparently off for the 4th of July and the over zealous scheduler decided to book him anyway. We set up another appointment for Tuesday. On Friday I went in for my appointment with Tyrone. My appointment was supposed to be a half hour but ended up being an hour and a half. I wish I could say that we were working out, but we were chatting. Tyrone asked to continue to train me. I declined. He's a nice guy and all, but I go to the gym to work out, if you want to chat- buy me a cup of coffee:-) I had my first appointment with Nick the following Tuesday. I'm so glad that I stayed with him. He is the boy version of Star (my Cali trainer and the best trainer in the world- in my opinion anyway). He even made a calender in the back of my book with what days I work which parts. We did an hour of legs, biceps and triceps. I haven't been that sore in a long time and it felt great! I have some unused sessions so we're going to meet for an hour twice a week until the end of August.

My parents are here from Cali. They got to my sister Cara's on Thursday. Unfortunately I won't get to see them much because of my work schedule. Friday we all went out to dinner. During dinner my mom asked what I want to do when I'm in Cali in Aug (I'm going back for 12days for a wedding etc). As I'm sitting with a plate of food in front of me, I started listing all the Cali things I had been missing. It sounded something like this "I want to go get Tapas (Spanish food), I want to go out for Cuban food, I want to go get sushi, I want to get a huge serving of bionico (Mexican fruit desert)..... oh and I want to go to Laguna." Funny (and not too surprising) that I want my time in Cali to revolve around the AMAZING food. Truth be told I'm actually getting hungry even typing it. I booked my ticket today and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come!! Warm weather, no humidity, beach...... need I say more?

It seems the natives are getting restless here. Until next time.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I could so go for that no humidity thing! I love summer, but I'm not such a fan of this mugginess.Have a great day!

Julie Garner said...

California sounds nice, but remember I'M NOT THERE! You can't leave! I'll miss you too much, just so you know. Speaking of missing you...why haven't I seen you in over a week? Let's change that!

Julie