Wednesday, September 3, 2008

the littlest "playa"



This is a conversation I had recently with a 2year old while holding his newborn baby brother.


Sam (moving super close to me): "Isn't he sooo cute?"

Me (smiling): "Yes he is. Do you love him?"

Sam: "yes, I dooo love him. He is my brother. He is a boy."

Me (trying not to laugh): "A boy like you?"

Sam: "yes, a boy like me."

Me: "I guess that means I'm a girl."

Sam (putting his hands on my cheeks, pulling my face so close to his that our noses almost touch) whispers: "No, you're not a girl. (pause). You're a lady."
.....I am in love.....

3 Comments:

Teresa said...

Aw, that is just too precious. Thank you for sharing the smile, Bethany. It sounds like you are doing well. I'm happy that you are happy. :-)
~Teresa Baker

Dani said...

that's too cute!!!!

Steph B. said...

AWWWW !!!! too cute!!!!