Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Lobster anyone????



This lovely picture was taken at a superbowl party I went to at the beach on Sunday. The hosts are divers and recently brought back several of these giant crustaceans. You really can't tell the enormity of it from the picture but trust me it was huge!

The party was at friends of my sisters. She felt obligated to go so I was the typical tag along not to mention her excuse to leave before the game was over. Here is cali. parties typically have a theme. Like a white party where everyone wheres white (true story, I've actually heard of that being a theme). This was a costume party and you were supposed to come as your favorite TV character. There were all kinds of crazy costumes (I was myself due to the late invite:-) and delicious food. Chris and Suzanne (the hosts) go all out for this party. They do all kinds of pools at the quarters and half-time and then a big one at the end. They have raffles with amazing prizes including bottles of wine, gift baskets etc. and prizes for costumes. April and I headed home shortly after the third quarter, prizeless:-(

I can't believe it's already Tuesday. My work schedule has been a little crazy. I feel like I sleep and work, or work and sleep, depending on how you look at it. The hospital has been incredibly short staffed and so they ask every one daily if they want to pick up overtime. I'm the last to be asked because I cost more, but I've gotten several calls for last minute shifts- great for bill paying, terrible for sleep! But it's only a season right??? That's what I keep telling myself:-)






0 Comments: