Monday, April 16, 2007

I love Mondays

Alright, I don't really love mondays, especially ones like this morning where Bear is barking at 6:30 to go out. This weekend left me exhausted and 6:30 is my my idea of an appropriate time to wake up (I know all of you get up early, but remember, I work nightshift). Salsa dancing was sooooo fun! Contrary to what Romel said, there is "free-styling." It seemed to me that a bunch of people were just trying to act like they knew what they were doing, myself included. The turns were a bit a tricky, esp when you turned one direction and then the other. One thing is for certain, its easier to be lead if you keep your eyes closed. Maybe it's because you aren't trying to mimick everyone else, or in my case, because you can't see how bad your doing.

I had a great time with Sarah yesterday. We drove everywhere looking for an open sushi place. The place she wanted to go, Miagi's, was 45minutes away and is closed on Sundays. Our second choice another 20minutes away was also closed on sundays.... who knew the Japanese were so religious:-) We ended up in Riverside (shout out to home town girl Leslie Yoder) after making a complete circle around the valley at Joe's sushi, a place that April and I typically go to. Sarah's capacity to eat sushi amazes me. At barely 5 feet tall and 98 pounds she gets all you can eat sushi and makes those sushi chefs work! We left after a call from my mom telling me that there was a miscommunication between her and my Grandmother- My grandma was making taco's for the whole family so they could come over and say goodbye and I needed to be there by 5pm. OOOOPPS!

I made it back around 5 stuffed with volcano roll and tiger roll to watched my family eat taco's. Typically I love tacos but last night I don't think I could have eaten them if I tried. I made it home around 7:30 after a round of goodbyes. I'm thankful that my family does this for me every arrival and departure, although I know that they do it in part because they love tacos too:-)

Tonight it's back to work. I have yet to begin packing! I think that Saturday seems like the perfect day to begin:-)

0 Comments: