Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tasty Deodorant

Yesterday I went to target to get some road trip supplies. Among them were dog food, a cooler, place mats (okay not for the trip but very cute and only 1 dollar) and deodorant. I am well versed in the world of deodorants for reasons that I am not proud of. I sweat..... I don't mean a little feminine perspiration, I'm talking pitting out, looking like I just ran 10miles SWEAT. Deodorant shopping isn't a big deal, but yesterday I noticed something a little "different" and quite frankly weird when I was picking out a scent. There is an increasing number of deodorants that smell like..... food!
That's right, mixed in with powder fresh, and rain fresh were "Arctic Apple," "Shimmering Pear," "Very Berry" and the newest "Vanilla Chai." Vanilla Chai?? and it actually did smell like Vanilla Chai! Will these crazy deodorant makers continue to branch out into the food the world? What began with "Vanilla Chai" will pretty soon be "Starbucks Non-fat Caramel Mocha Latte with Whip." Who knows what would be next- Deodorant that smells like "Thanksgiving Dinner?" Of course, once the magical smells of thanksgiving are conquered they will most certainly move on to taste. Will I one day think to myself "I'm hungry for some Secret Platinum Brownie Sunday with a little Arrid Caramel Creme on the side?" I certainly hope not.

Honestly, the last thing that this girl needs is to have something else to make her hungry, esp something that I depend on as much as deodorant, so I had to say no to that Vanilla Chai. Thank you Proctor and Gamble but I'll have to pass this time. I'm sticking to good ole' "Shower Fresh."

4 Comments:

LauraJoy said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud when I saw your blog title!! I went to buy deodorant the other day too and had a fairly similar thought process when I saw the "vanilla sparkle" option. First of all, do i really care if my armpits are "sparkling" especially when NO ONE will see them but me?? And secondly, not sure I want to smell of a bakery when I really start to sweat. Yeah, I stuck with good ole powder fresh.
I miss you tons. And I do forsee a Walmart run in our near future. Countin down the days! :)
~me

Anonymous said...

Deodorant shopping will never be the same :) See ya soon!
Kim

Unknown said...

I too laughed when I read this post...thanks for making me laugh friend...

9 days until settlement! yikes!

Anonymous said...

What a hoot and a half! :) I agree with Kim, deodorant shopping WON'T ever be the same!! :) Can't wait to see you back in LANCASTER. :) Have a fun, safe trip!