Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year (take 2)




It's New Years day and my resolution is to actually post something with out crashing the computer (or have very large pictures of the dogs in the middle of the post which is what happened on the first take!). I actually think that this blog thing is kinda cool. I feel like Hillary Duff in the movie The Perfect Man although I'm not trying to hook my mom up with a hottie, nor am I in high school hoping to go to the prom but whatever- let a girl dream!

Seriously though- I think New Years can be a little depressing and not just because the only one that I had to kiss last night was my dog Sid! By this year I had hoped to have all my debt paid off, all the extra weight lost and to have fallen in love with a hunky man (okay, he didn't even have to be hunky) with whom I would have run off to the Mexican Riviera to live in bliss. Admittedly some are more realistic than others:-) I am not even close to being debt free, closer maybe. I have lost a lot of weight but I still have those nagging 10-20lbs (okay 45lbs) left to lose. And if I have fallen in love in the past year I wish someone would tell me because this doesn't look like the Mexican Riviera!

It was with this defeated attitude that I went to Starbucks, journal and devotional in hand. As I sat sipping my delicious Cinnamon Dolce Latte (which has returned today after going on Hiatus last February !!!) contemplating failure. I started rereading journal entries and realized all that had happened over the past twelve months, all the friendships gained, dinners around the table with my family (who would have thought an attainable resolution would be "This year I want to gain a sister"?), laughs that I've had at work, being able to live "bicostally," having friends that are will to take the ridiculous three day cross country drive with me AND two dogs (who wouldn't want to take a trip with those adorable boys?) , and of course the lessons the Lord taught me about my sin and His Holiness. If 2007 is even half as full as 2006 I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination!






0 Comments: