Friday, January 26, 2007

Not much has changed and nothing exciting has happened since my last post. I've had the last three days off due to a scheduling mishap..... but believe me, I'm not complaining! I go back to work tonight and tomorrow night. The weather here has been beautiful! It was almost 80 degrees yesterday. Cali weather is great because there is no humidity..... which means less sweat and I for one an thankful for that (so are those standing next to me:-)

I got my schedule yesterday for next month and am a little bummed. I occasionally help with the youth group a church here. Every year they go to winter camp in the mountains. I was supposed to be a couselor, but they wouldn't give me the weekend off:-( I love going to camp! Especially this camp. When I was 14 my parents sent me there to do voluntary service for the summer. I was a wild, rebellious, angry child into things no 14 year old should be into. My parents didnt trust me home during the summer since they both worked. So they figured in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Christians was better than being unsupervised with the people I had chosen to hang out with at home. It was there that I got saved. I ended up spending a total of 5 summers there at camp and was on staff doing the cooking my last summer (explains why when I cook I make enough for 250 and it all tastes like camp food:-) I'm still good friends with people I met there. Some of them were going to be there as counselors too. I hoping to be able to trade days with someone so I can go. Sheli has already requested a spot in my cabin, crazy girl!

Well friends, I hope you all have a great weekend! I gotta go pack my lunch and take a nap for tonight!

0 Comments: