Friday, January 12, 2007

SLO & SNOW












































First let me say that I realized yesterday that I can't spell... (Those of you reading realized that a long time ago but whatever) Its San LUIS Obispo, not LOUIS (I also had trouble spelling Hearst Castle.... thanks for the spelling lesson david:-) Second.... please excuse the randomness of the picture placement and order... I'm having trouble with the blog layout, I'm computer retarded.... Sara help me please!!!! My trip up the coast yesterday was wonderful!! The weather was beautiful, the conversation was great, and the food was delicious! David (the guy in picts and the friend I was meeting) and I met outside of a starbucks around 1pm and immediately sought food. It's a four hour drive from LA up, he was coming from San Francisco which is a four hour drive down. Because Cali traffic is ridiculous we both arrived late and starving. We found a little cafe and had lunch and then decided to head up to Hearst castle to take a tour. It's 45minute drive up the coast to get there. (I know that I have seen the California shore line a ton, but there is something about it that always takes my breathe away! I think its because it's like the mountains and the ocean collide). The Hearst Castle was a great idea but we got there about 15minutes after the last tour left:-( We ended up driving up the coast for the afternoon and stopping at random places to take pictures. I think I took a million pictures.... okay, at least 30. David is an amazing photographer and showed me some stuff on my camera that I had no idea about. He's going to send me some pictures to post soon. It was SOOOOO cold and windy but was well worth it. For dinner we found this great restaurant, Koberl on Blue...mmmmmmmm wine and chocolate! (if you ever have the chance to venture to California central coast I recommend the Chocolate Lava Cake..... definitely dreamy PMS food!) After a chilly walk back to the car and a drive around the city we left to drive our respective directions. It was already 10pm. I think that I probably should have stayed the night. I was so exhausted shouldn't have been driving. Unfortunately I couldn't because I regretfully made and appointment with Star at 8:30am (ouch!). Thankfully I made it home safely, (extremely tired and not just a little cranky, I might add, sorry BDD:-)





Even more thankfully, Star called this morning at 7am to cancel our appointment because she had the stomach flu.... I've never been more relieved to hear that someone had the flu in my life!!!! The crazy thing is that when I finally rolled my butt out of bed around 9:30 this morning, there was SNOW on the ground!!!! SNOW!!!! In So. Cal..... so much for heading to warmer weather for the winter!!! CRAZY!!!!!
PS- Sara- seriously.... HELP ME!!!









2 Comments:

LauraJoy said...

love love LOVE the coastal pix...keep em coming and PLEASE email me some!! glad you had a nice time on your little adventure. have i mentioned how i miss you! i love your randomness and real-ness. is that a word?? anyway, looking forward to talking to you soon!:)
~L

LauraJoy said...

love love LOVE the coastal pix...keep em coming and PLEASE email me some!! glad you had a nice time on your little adventure. have i mentioned how i miss you! i love your randomness and real-ness. is that a word?? anyway, looking forward to talking to you soon!:)
~L